We are home to Foodbank, an organisation dedicated to serving those in our community. Each week we see around 60 people who have been given food vouchers by their care professional and we provide a free emergency food parcel to help them, whilst in difficult circumstances.
Please check here for any further updates.
Please read the following frequently asked questions and do get in touch by email if we can help further:
Individuals needing food…
If you have a voucher:
- The Foodbank is a Registered Charity and is open every Wednesday morning between 9am and 11am. To access the food, the recipient or their representative will need to come to us Wednesday morning with a foodbank voucher.
- Apologies that we do not have resources to routinely deliver food. As an alternative, people can either ask a friend / family member to collect food on the their behalf OR they can contact Communities 1st and request the help of a Community Shopper to collect and deliver the food. Use the online form to request help via https://www.communities1st.org.uk/CommunitySupport or email email@example.com or phone 01727 649900.
If you don’t have a voucher:
Citizens Advice Welwyn Hatfield: Vouchers can be issued by Welwyn Hatfield Citizens Advice based in Hatfield. If you are in need of a voucher please access the following website https://www.cawelhat.org.uk/ for information on how to contact us. You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01707 954123 to access our call back service. Please leave your full name and contact phone number to request a call back. When you receive a call (this may appear on your phone as a private or withheld number) they will conduct a telephone assessment before issuing a voucher.
PLEASE BE AWARE Citizens Advice Welwyn Hatfield are currently experiencing high demand and it may be 3 – 5 working days before you receive a voucher. Therefore if your situation is urgent, the Citizen’s Advice service may not be able to help you in time.
If by this coming Wednesday your situation is urgent, and Citizen’s Advice have not made contact with you, do come along to the Foodbank (between 9am and 11am) and let the Leader – Ian Matthews – know that your request for vouchers is still in progress. We should be able to help on this basis with or without a voucher.
For agencies and organisations who work with those in need and would like vouchers….
Please email us on email@example.com or use our contact form.
Please include the following information:
- Name and Job Role
- Contact Telephone Number (and times/days when you are available to be called)
- Organisation Address (where the vouchers will be posted to)
- We will aim to contact you within 7 days to discuss your request.
Thank you so much for contacting us at the Foodbank and for your wonderful generosity. We truly appreciate every single can and packet that we receive and can guarantee that all donations will reach people in need with our community.
Any food donations would be very welcome – they need to be non perishable and within their ‘use by’ date. Items that are particularly in need are long life milk, cereals, variety of tinned meat (meatballs, hotdogs, chicken curry or chicken in white sauce), cleaning products and toiletries
Foodbank is open every Wednesday morning at the address as given below. If you could drop off your donation on Wednesday between 8:30 and 11:30 am that would be amazing – Thank You!
For anyone who would like to make a financial donation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide bank details and this also enables us to thank you for your donation. If you are a UK tax payer, and would like to Gift Aid your donation, please complete the form below and return it to the church office at New Zion Christian Fellowship, 140 Cole Green Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 3JE. We need to retain a paper copy of your form for HMRC, so are unable to accept electronic forms. Thank you